The amount of money we pay is variable, but rarely over $250 per bill.
Bills we help pay: Utilities such as a light bill, water bill or natural gas bill
Bills we do not pay: car payments or repairs, gasoline, insurance.
We pay prescriptions, but we are limited to Garner Family Pharmacy, since CVS and Walgreens will not accept pledges over the phone.
To receive medication assistance, clients must bring
- A prescription from the doctor who prescribed the medication
- The reason for medication
- Cost of medication
- health insurance card or form of health insurance
To receive rental assistance, clients must bring
- An eviction warning or signed letter from their landlord stating they are in danger of eviction
- The amount due and the date by which it must be paid
- Signed lease
To receive utility bills assistance, clients must bring
- The most recent utility bill received with account information on it and person’s name the account is in
- Clients are eligible to have one bill paid per 12-month period.
APPLYING FOR FINANCIAL SERVICES
To request assistance, you must:
- Be a resident of Garner, living in zip code 27529, 27603 or 27610
- Call 919-772-9100 to verify eligibility
- Have social security cards for all members in the household
- Have a picture ID, such as a passport, drivers licence or state ID card
- Meet with an organization officer at our office location: 558 Village Court Garner, NC 27529
- Proof of loss of income
- Proof of residence (signed lease or bill with name on it)